The 16th Annual season-opening Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Nationals Spring Break Shootout was a huge success. Not only was the temperature hot, but the amazing performances got the thousands of screaming fans heated as well. One of the highlights of this event was Joe Cram’s beautifully crafted 2006 Mustang GT/Saleen. The heart of this Mustang is the fire breathing Edelbrock Supercharger delivering neck breaking performance. After catching up with Joe, he mentioned that before leaving for Florida, they were testing out their motor and hurt it to the point that it was impossible to have it repaired in time. With a little bit of hustling, they were able to put together a stock motor with a 3.5″ supercharger pulley as well as a new ecu tune for this combo. On Thursday Joe gave the car a shakedown test running the 1320′ in 10.878 @ 126.78 mph.
Here are some words from Joe on how the rest of the event rang out.
“Sunday’s eliminations were tough, 1st round we had 3 time truck champion Don Justice and on a double break out, I received the better of the 2 and got the win light. Second round paired me with Mike Delisanti in his JDM car and a better light and top end play got us the win with a 11.02 on a 11.00 dial. Third round paired me with the Houston Winner Kent Nine and another double break out, with us getting the winning end of that one too. Final round was against a new comer to the class and with a good light and top end play, we took home the win.”
Joe says it was all made possible by a lot of folks including the following:
- Edelbrock for one great Supercharger that ran cool and helped make some nice runs on the stock backup motor.
- Magnaflow Exhaust for the great on and off track support they offered.
- Tommie Vaughn Ford for helping with some last minute parts in the wee hours of the night.
- Ford Racing for making sure we had what we needed at the track when we got there.
- Our entire Dyno Joe Performance race team, Lloyd Mikeska, Keith nix and the School of Automotive Machine.